Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Presuppositions and Desires

Dear Neighbor,

Human Communication is difficult because people do not hear. The sound of ones voice is modulated by presuppositions and desires. In Joshua 12 it is recorded that the sons of Rueben and the sons of Gad and the half-tribe of Manasseh built an altar by the Jordan river, and it was large in appearance, but the the other tribes took this as an offense and rebellion; therefore, they gathered to make war against their brothers.

They built this altar, not to make sacrifice on it and worship the Lord separate from their brothers, but out of concern, that in future days, the Israelites east of the Jordan, they being west of the Jordan, would consider them separate. They built the altar so that they would not forget that the tribes west of the Jordan had rights to cross the Jordan and worship the Lord in the Land of Israel’s possession with the other tribes.

I have attempted to sound a warning among my brothers and sisters about a crisis that is occurring within the hospital. They cannot see it, so they do not understand what I am saying. Also what I am saying is deafened by presuppositions and desires. I feel as though I am living in two worlds. Inside the hospital it is like a war time concentration camp but outside people are living as if they had no care in the world. Inside people are very very ill and dying daily but outside people are going to symphonies and plays. 

I do not know what I might say to change minds. Not only are they not hearing my concerns. No one is hearing the anguish that I am feeling within.

Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake