Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Wednesday: August 4, 2021

Question 104: What do we pray for in the fourth petition?
Answer: In the fourth petition, which is, "Give us this day our daily bread," we pray, That of God's free gift we may receive a competent portion of the good things of this life, and enjoy his blessing with them.

Dear Neighbor,

We all have needs; both physical and spiritual needs. We need to be feed by the Word and we need to be feed with food for our stomachs. I man is both a physical and spiritual being. With our daily bread we will die. Some are starving, they are receiving a portion of bread but it is not enough. The bread that I speak of is both physical and spiritual. To be truly alive and healthy we need physical bread for the body and spiritual bread for the soul. Some are physically fat but are spiritually starved. We should pray and ask God to give us what we need and give thanks to God for the good things that he has blessed us with. 

Proverbs 30:8-9 says:
Keep deception and lies far from me,
Give me neither poverty nor riches;
Feed me with the food that is my portion,
That I not be full and deny You and say, “Who is the LORD?”
Or that I not be in want and steal,
And profane the name of my God.
We should not ask for riches but pray for what we need; both our spiritual needs and our physical needs.

Michael Peek
Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake