Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Tuesday: August 24, 2021

Dear Neighbor,

I often do not know what to say until I begin writing and the Word of God inspires me to write. I have a lot to say to the Father when I write to Him but the things that I write to God are private. These are things that are deep within my heart and are on my mind. I can tell the Father anything because He knows everything. I can tell the Father everything because He has justified me in Christ Jesus. I fear God as my heavenly Father, meaning that I revere Him, but I do not fear the wrath of God because Jesus took my punishment on the cross and rose again. Therefore, there is nothing that I cannot tell God the Father and He is just to forgive all of my sin.

I have been working as a Critical Care Nurse for a very long time now. I wrote a few years back an article about death and suffering in the ICU. I have reached a point in which I can no longer do this kind of nursing; therefore, I have accepted a position in Outpatient Cath. I will be getting people ready for heart Cath procedures and recovering them from those procedures. I have also reached a point in which I no longer want to work 3, 12 ½ shifts and spend days at home idol. I need to have a daily purpose but be off from work in the evenings with my wife. This new position will allow me to do just that. However, I have three weeks remaining as an ICU nurse. I want to honor God, exalt Jesus Christ and seek the best for my neighbor as I complete time in the ICU. 

Michael Peek

Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake