Friday, August 13, 2021

Promise

Dear Neighbor,

I truly have love for the Scriptures, for the Scriptures are the Word of God to men in this fallen world. My job is nursing but my passion is the Word of God. My job is necessary because of the fall but will not be needed in the regeneration but the Word of God is eternal. In the regeneration there will be no more injuries, no more sicknesses, no more diseases, no more pain, no more death, no more sorrow. There will be no more wars, no more famines and no more politics. The Lord will reign and decide with fairness. Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness will be about his waist. Not even the animals will devour one another or even hurt a child but all will be changed in an instance. Everyone will have knowledge of the Lord and come to worship the Lord on his throne. 

This morning I read Isaiah 7-11 and this is the promise in Isaiah 11:1-10. I look forward to the dawn of that blessed day but until that day comes my job is nursing and my passion is the Scriptures, the Word of God to men in this fallen world.

Michael Peek
Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake