Saturday, August 14, 2021

Pick Up And Read

Dear Neighbor,

I truly love the Scriptures, for the Scriptures are the Word of God to men in this fallen world. Two weeks ago I decided to follow a reading plan that has me reading a different genre each day of the week: Sunday, Epistles; Monday, Law; Tuesday, History, Wednesday, Psalms; Thursday, Poetry; Friday, Prophets; Saturday, Gospels/Acts.

I begin each week with the New Testament Epistles and end each week with the Gospels; reading about Jesus. I think that this is a great way to spend the morning and begin the day. I begin the week hearing from the Lord’s apostles, during the week I read the Old Testament, leading up to Christ, and I end the week in the Gospels and with the Church. 

It was on my birthday in 2003 that God drew me to read his word and I have been reading the Word every morning since that day because the Word is the breath of life. No matter what is going on in my life, I begin the day hearing from God. I do not know what I would do if I could not hear a Word from God. 

I do not know who reads the things that I write in this blog. In fact, I do not know of anyone that I know, except my wife, who reads this blog. I write these things because I love the Word of God, the written Word and the incarnate Word; the Word who became flesh and dwelt amongst men. I do not want anyone to follow me but I hope to point people to the Word of God; that you might have repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is the way and the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through faith in the Son. It is the Scriptures that tell us about God the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 

If I could encourage you to do one thing, pick up the Scriptures and read. The Word of God is the breath of life in this fallen World. And when you read, look for Jesus on every page of the Bible.

Michael Peek
Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake