Wednesday, September 1, 2021

How Long?

Sometimes I wonder if the Lord has forgotten me. Is he hiding his face from me, and if so, how long will he hide his face? What is the Lord doing? What is the Lord waiting for?

I have sorrow in my heart all the day. Sorrow over my own sin past and present. Sorrow over the state of the world around me. Sorrow over the patients that are put in my care. Sorrow over my children and their way of life. I feel like David when he was surround by his enemies on every side. My enemies are within and without. My enemies are the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life. My enemies are the dark forces of this world. My enemies are sickness and death. I cannot take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart forever. 

All the day long I call to God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to enlighten my eyes and show me the way that I should go. I pray for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to make all things new. Did he not promise to return and sit down on his glorious throne to judge the earth? Did he not promise to separate the sheep from the goats; the sheep into eternal life and the goats away to eternal punishment? 

Should I be overcome by the enemy? Should my adversaries rejoice when I am shaken? The truth is that I am shaken and I do feel as though I am overcome. I am not strong. I am weak. The Lord Jesus Christ has prevailed and I have trusted in the grace of God. I know that I will rejoice in the salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ. I trust that he will return and save me from all of my enemies within and without. On that glorious day I will sing praises to my God and the Lamb because he has been gracious to me.