Saturday, September 4, 2021

Greatest Desire

Jesus said to his disciples, Matthew 13:16-17 (NASB):
“But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.”

What is your greatest desire? My greatest desire is to see the blessed Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ and hear his his voice when he speaks. I do see him and I do hear him. Not with my eyes or with my ears made of flesh but with my heart I hear him and in my mind I see him.

The best part of everyday is beginning the day reading the Scriptures. During the week days I read the Old Testament: Law, history, psalms, poetry, and prophets, but on the weekend I read the New Testament. On Sunday I read the New Testament letters written by the apostles to the churches and on Saturday I read the gospels.

It is through the testimony of the Holy Spirit and the apostles that I see and hear Jesus Christ. Reading all of the word of God is the best part of the day because all of the word of God is about Jesus Christ; however, the testimony of the apostles in their gospel accounts is especially good. It is especially good because they testify of the word made flesh in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. They have recorded for us the things that Jesus said and did that we too might see him in our minds eye and hear him with our hearts.