Sunday, September 12, 2021

Lord’s Day: September 12, 2001

Dear Neighbor,

In the beginning, God created all things. I was created in the image of God; therefore, I ought to be perfect as my heavenly Father is perfect. But I am not perfect, I have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God. I know that the wages of sin is death, but I trust that the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

I believe that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. God said of him, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.” (Mt. 3:17) Jesus came preaching the gospel of God and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel.” (Mk. 1:15) Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and he was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures.

I know that salvation from sin and death is already not yet. I trust that I will be saved from sin and death but this has not yet occurred. The apostle Paul Wrote in Ephesians 2:8-9 (NASB): “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

Therefore, I believe that I will be saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. I believe that a believer should work, but I also understand that of myself I can do no good thing. The apostle Paul wrote in Romans 7:18 (NASB): “For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.”

However, I know that faith without works is dead. The apostle James wrote in James 2:20 (NASB): “But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?”Therefore, I recognize that I must work, not to earn salvation but from a heart of thanksgiving ought to work.

Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake