Friday, February 7, 2020

February 7th, 2020

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. I have had some trouble sleeping lately. I have trouble in falling asleep; also, I awaken midnight and have trouble falling back asleep. Regardless I do sleep; therefore, I am able to work and live. This morning I read 2 Samuel chapters 4 -7 and recited John chapter 15. There are many interesting things to say about these. The brining of the Ark of God into Jerusalem. On the first attempt Uzzah was struck dead when he reached out to steady the Ark of God. The Ark of God contained the 2 tablets, the ten commandments of God. Then when David desired to build a house for God he covenanted to build a house for David, that through his seed his kingdom would be establish forever. Then from John chapter 15 vs 1 Jesus said, “I am the true vine.” Jesus is the seed of the woman that God first spoke of in Genesis 3:15, and he is the seed of Abraham through Sarah, and he is the seed of the household of David. Jesus Christ is the true vine of God. It is in Jesus Christ alone that the serpents head would be crushed, that all the nations would be blessed and the kingdom of David would eternally reign. Jesus Christ has been given all authority in heaven and on earth but is yet to return and sit down on his thrown. I do not arise early each morning to read Scripture because I have too but because I desire to hear a word from God. Jesus did not abolish the Law but fulfilled the Law. Jesus did not teach against the Law but magnified the Law in the heart. Who can say honestly in there heart that it is write to worship other gods; to makeup your own god, to speak the name without reverence, at the name of Jesus Christ every knee shall bend and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord; or dishonor the Lord’s rest; or dishonor your parents; or murder someone (hate) in your heart; or commit adultery (lust) in your heart; steal what belongs to your neighbor; or even covet what God has given to them which is theft in the heart? If we are honest, we cannot, yet we all have and I have broken everyone of these commandment either by thought or in deed. Like a power house generates electricity, my mind is a generator for sin; therefore, I trust in the promise of eternal life in Jesus Christ and do not trust in my own goodness to save on the day of judgment.