Tuesday, February 4, 2020

February 4th, 2020

Today, I recited John chapter 12 vs 27 – 50 and read 1 Samuel 25 – 27. The Father spoke to the Son in the hearing of the people and his voice sounded like thunder. David said to Saul, “The Lord will repay each man for his righteousness and his faithfulness; for the Lord delivered you into my hand today, but I refused to stretch out my hand against the Lord’s anointed.” (1 Sm 26:23) This is the second time that David had refused to put Saul to death when he had been delivered into his hand. David was against Nebal for he had dishonored David and his men but Abigail his wife was kind to David and he realized that he should not avenge by his own hand. This interaction was fresh on his mind when he came upon Saul in the field. From the song of Moses Deuteronomy 32:35

“Vengeance is Mine, and retribution,
In due time their foot will slip;
For the day of their calamity is near,
And the impending things are hastening upon them.”

Yesterday, I had the day off work. I exercised on an elliptical machine for 20 minutes and a stationary bike for 20 minutes. I have been using the time on these machines to view episodes of the Way of the Master television program on YouTube. This morning I will run outside before going to work and I am looking forward to doing a run outside. I am scheduled to be at work from 9:00am – 4:30pm. I believe that I am scheduled to do Cardiac Rehab orientations which involves researching electronic patient charts and compiling a paper chart for use in Cardiac Rehab, followed by an interview and assessment of the patient. I enjoy the time that I spend with the patients but the majority of the time is clerical rather than clinical. I will spend about 1 hour each with 2 patients today, and the remainder of time working on their charts and the charts of others. However, it is necessary and I do get to know them by reviewing their health history and talking with them.