Monday, February 3, 2020

February 3rd, 2020

I recited John chapter 12 vs 1 – 26 and read 1 Samuel chapters 21 – 24: The Lord’s triumphal entry into Jerusalem and Saul’s seeking the life of David. David is more righteous than Saul, this he confessed to David at the cave; however, compared to the Lord his righteousness is like a filthy rag in comparison. David lied to Ahimelech the priest: “The king has commissioned me with a matter and has said to me, ‘Let no one know anything about the matter on which I am sending you and with which I have commissioned you; and I have directed the young men to a certain place.’ (1 Samuel 21:2) David was running from Saul and he hid this from Ahimelech. The example for us to follow is not David or anyone else for that matter it is Christ, “who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth.” (1 Peter 2:22) Yesterday, Phillip preached on Luke chapter 15, three parables: the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the prodigal son. Phillip pointed out that these parables are not about the lost things: The parable about the lost sheep is about the shepherd. The parable about the lost coin is about the woman who looks for the coin. The parable about the prodigal son is about the father. These three parables give us a glimpse of God’s love for the lost and his desire that they be found. I am off from work today. My work week will be Tuesday – Saturday this week. Today, I would like to read and complete Ray Comforts book, The Way of the Master. My exercise today will be 40 minutes split between an elliptical trainer and a stationary bike. Yesterday, I registered for the Tyler Fresh 15K on March 7th. My plan is to do 3 days of running each week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday; and 40 minutes of cross training on Monday and Friday, that my foot will be healthy. I would also like to spend sometime today on my Spanish lessons, I am getting really close to finishing Beginner I – Course 2, only to lessons remain two be completed.