Friday, February 21, 2020

February 21st, 2020

I worked in cardiac rehab from 7:30am–6:30pm, most of the day I was despondent. I was not feeling sorry for myself or at least I do not think that I was. All around us are constant reminders that we are not yet home. The Word promises in the kingdom of God  “and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”1 My brother in Christ Paul McClung is ill and no longer teaches at Sylvania Church. I wonder if Abdiel, the leader of the Reformed Baptist in Cuba will continue with the ministry of appointing pastors and teaching them. Then I learn that the prosecuting attorneys will be seeking the death penalty for Will Davis. After work I was running on a treadmill when I suddenly felt acute pain in the arch of my right foot. I believe that something tore in the foot because I am not able to bear wight on it for it is very painful. So, for the time being I am hobbled. I had registered to run in the Tyler Fresh 15K which will be in 2 weeks. Running is special to me. No matter what else is going on in life I could go for a run and everything seemed better. Presently I cannot walk much less go for a run. I know that the Lord is sovereign over all things; therefore, I know that his will be done. “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.“2 I read 1 Kings 16–18 in which the characters of Ahab, Jezebel and Elijah are introduced. 

1 Revelation 21:4 (NASB)
2 Romans 8:28 (NASB)