Wednesday, February 5, 2020

February 5th, 2020

I arose at 4:30am and read 1 Samuel chapters 28 -31 and recited John chapter 13. For some reason my continence is low this morning and I do not know the reason. I was restless at times during the night. I normally sleep through the night and awake only once during the night to void. However, last night I awoke repeatedly and when I did my mind was thinking about something that Paul said on Mars hill: A day and an hour is coming in which God will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom he has appointed, furnishing proof to all men by raising him from the dead. Paul was of course talking about the final judgment and the Son of God Jesus Christ being the Son of Man who has been appointed judge for he is the one whom God raised from the dead. The question is, why was this statement on my mind every time I awoke and I awoke numerous times during the night? My first orientation appointment yesterday was strange. The man began saying that people avoid him because he is always talking about God. I gave him one of the gospel tracts that the Lord had given me to write. He said that he liked the tract and could give these out; therefore, I gave him several of them so that he could. It was difficult doing his orientation interview because he was continually talking about something. He called himself an Israelitist and said that the lost tribes of Israel went north and that he was of the tribe of Dan that migrated to Ireland. I ignored these things and tried repeatedly to redirect him back to his health and exercise history interview. How do people get so wild in their thinking? Why do people take something small out of Scripture and make it into something else? The gospel is so very simple. We have all broken God’s law. Jesus paid the penalty in blood (his life) because of this, God can now be just and justify the one who has faith in Jesus. God raised Jesus from the dead and Jesus will raise all from the dead on the last day. Those who repented to eternal life and the unrepentant to eternal punishment.