Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 31, 2021

Isaiah 26:9 (NASB)
At night my soul longs for You,
Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently;
For when the earth experiences Your judgments
The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Dear Neighbor,

It is hard to believe that 1/4 of this year is complete. This week, at Sylvania Church, we will honor the Lord, as is our tradition, with a Maundy Thursday service. It is a salaam service in which different persons in the congregation read the final words of Christ on this night up to his death and burial the following day, which has been called “Good Friday.” We also eat the Lord’s supper together which was inaugurated on this night. This salaam service, the words of our Lord read, and remembering his sacrifice; eating the bread and drinking the wine should cause the spirit within to seek the Lord. The Lord died for our sins and he was buried. In my opinion, this is probably the most important service in the entire year because it should cause each of us to reflect on what the Lord has done for us. He died on a cross, in our place for our sins, and he was buried; even Pilot said that he could find no fault in him. God made Jesus Christ who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Cor 5:21) I have been wondering about for the past two years unsure of myself and my purpose in life. I just realized not many days ago the reason for my confusion. The things that led to my confusion still exist but I have been given clarity and a purpose. Lord willing, I will continue the course that the Lord our God has set before me.

Michael Peek, BSN, RN, MTS