Thursday, March 18, 2021

March 18, 2021

Dear Neighbor,

When I started writing this blog some eight years ago, I did not know that I would end up writing a daily letter to my neighbor, yet that is what this blog has become. Should I be reserved in what I write to you or forthright? There are many things in my heart and on my mind that I do not tell others but talk about to the Lord. There is nothing hidden from the Lord, he knows my inward parts. If you pray to God, do not hold back because no one knows you better than God; he knows you better than you know yourself.

Proverbs 9:10 (NASB)

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,

And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

I am reserved in what I write to you but forthright in what I write to the Lord. It is not because I fear you that I am reserved but it is because I fear the Lord that I am forthright. Do you know the Holy One of God? Even if you do not him, he knows you!

Many of his disciples withdrew and were not walking with him anymore. So Jesus said to the twelve, “You do not want to go away also, do you?” Simon Peter answered him, “Lord to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God.” Jesus answered them, Did I myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?” Now he meant Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the twelve, was going to betray him. (Jn 6:66-71)

Michael Peek, BSN, RN, MTS