Saturday, March 13, 2021

March 13, 2021

 Psalms 119:9 (NASB)

Beth.

How can a young man keep his way pure?

By keeping it according to Your word.

Dear Neighbor,

Do you love the word of God? If you do not love the word of God, how can you possibly keep your path straight? The word of God is truth. I fell in love with the word of God in the year 2003. Darlene and I began attending a local baptist church. April 1, 2003, church decided to have small groups and read a book together (The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren). The book itself I would not give someone as a gospel tract but the Lord used it to draw me to his word. The book is broken up into 40 chapters. The plan was for the small groups to get together and discuss the book every Sunday evening for 6 weeks. We were to read one chapter a day on our own. I followed the prescription and read one chapter of the book each morning for 40 days. Upon completing the book I decided that I would read the Bible because I enjoyed the time that I had every morning reading that book. Something about the Scriptures in the book really spoke to me. It has been almost 18 years since I first picked up a Bible and read it. I have read the word of God everyday since. There has been much to distract but I decided long ago, that to read the word of God everyday, I needed to set aside time for that purpose. No matter what time I need to leave the home, I arise 2 hours prior that I might spend sometime with God in the word. I believe that I became a Christian in December of 2009 because it was then that I repented from my sins and began to follow Jesus Christ as Lord and trust in him as my Savior; after this I submitted to the Lord in baptism. My hearts desire is to become like my Lord and Savior in every way. He is the way and the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father God but through him. (Jn 14:6) Jesus said to the pharisee Nicodemus, “Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (Jn 3:3) Jesus said, “Follow me!” Jesus Christ is the Word become flesh. (Jn 1:14) How can you follow Jesus when he has been taken up into heaven? By reading the word of God and observing all that the word commands.

Michael Peek