Tuesday, March 23, 2021

March 23, 2021



Dear Neighbor,

Does anything at all really matter? 
Ecclesiastes 1:3 (NASB)
What advantage does man have in all his work
Which he does under the sun?
I have labored for many years, at the bedside, and no matter how much I have labored, on the next shift, there is another person in the same condition as the one on the previous shift. I go to work, I come home, I rest and I do it all over again but to what avail? For many years I worked for my children but they have departed and gone there own way. I taught my children Christian ethics but they did not listen. I recovered persons from heart surgery only to see another in the same condition the next shift. I love running but I hate running on a treadmill; is not all of life a treadmill, running and not really going anywhere? I raised children and I took care of people in the hospital but will any of this work really matter in the end? What if I had no children? What if I never became a nurse? Would anything be different in a hundred years? In one hundred years all will be dead and no one living will remember us. Without a relationship with the eternal, life is fleeting and all is vain. Jesus said, John 14:6 (NASB) “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” In the end, the only relationship that truly matters is a right relationship with God because he is eternal; all that we have, all that we see and all that we do in this world is temporal!

Michael Peek, BSN, RN, MTS