Wednesday, March 17, 2021

March 17, 2021

Dear Neighbor,

Life on the earth is a journey to the city above, to the city of the great king, the Lord Jesus Christ. Perhaps you have said, “We do not want this man to rule over us.” He is the Lord, all authority in heaven and on has been given to him. He will return on a day and our of his Father’s choosing, sit down on his glorious throne and judge the earth. All the nations will be gathered before him and he will separate them from one another. Will you be on the side that rejected his rule or the side that received him as Lord and Savior? This life with all of its pitfalls and temptations is preparation for the world that is to come. We are all on a journey but will your journey end in eternal punishment or eternal life in the kingdom of our God?

Yesterday, I spent a little time thinking about these things and the direction that I am going. What is my purpose on this journey? What is my job while on the earth? My purpose is to serve Jesus Christ and my job is to care for the people made in his image: physically, emotionally and spiritually. I must begin where they are and for most people I can only see to the physical in the intensive care unit. As I become older, I contemplate what the Lord would have me doing during my elder years. I want to complete this journey in service to King Jesus.

Michael Peek, BSN, RN, MTS