Saturday, February 27, 2021

Seeking Glory

He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.1

Psalm 39 speaks of the vanity of life; that every man is but a mere breath.2 However, do men not seek for glory, honor and praise. Lately, I have been lamenting my life because I look at the lives that my children are living. Did I fail them? Did I fail the Lord? The truth is that I raised them the best that I knew how and loved them as much as I was able. I am a sinner fallen short of the glory of God.3 There is nothing good in me that is in my flesh.4 However, I have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ through faith.5 I know and trust that the same God who saved me from sin can save my children. Salvation is of the Lord,6 and I trust that he is not wishing that any should perish.7 Therefore, my trust is in the Lord and I commend their lives two the hands of the Lord. The hands of the Lord are the Word and the Spirit. The Spirit speaks from within but the Word speaks from without. There is both an outward calling and an inward calling. I have not been able to reach my children from without. They need both an inward calling and an outward calling. May the Lord give them ears to hear and hearts to perceive truth of the Word.

1. John 7:18, NASB.
2. Psalm 39:5
3. Romans 3:23
4. Romans 7:18
5. Romans 3:24-25
6. Jonah 2:9
7. 1 Peter 3:9