Wednesday, February 3, 2021

February 3rd in the Year of Our Lord 2021

To whom it may concern,

Lately I have been wondering what I am here for. I know that I am here for the purpose of the Lord but I have become confused as to what I should be about. I spent the past thirty years raising children to see them go away from the way of God in Jesus Christ. I honestly feel like I have failed as a father. Proverbs 22:6 says:
Train up a child in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
On July 13th of this year, our son, our beautiful son, my adopted boy, whom I raised as my own, with my wife from the age of one years old will be thirty-two years old. On July 20th of this year, our daughter, our beautiful daughter, whom came forth from the union of our marriage will be twenty-eight years old. Everything has already been said, their lives are between them and the Lord and there is not much I can do but pray to the Lord our God for their salvation. However, the subjective remains, I believe that I have failed as a father. I have heard that this Proverb is a general principle and not a promise. Even if it is a general principle, and not a hardened promise, my parental record is 0-2. 

Should I be lamenting this way on a public blog? Well, this blog is my daily journal; therefore, I endeavor to be honest and forthright with the things that I write. This life on the earth is a struggle. I believe that we were created by God for the paradise of God but something terrible happened in the garden, the man and woman ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; therefore, God kicked them out of the garden into the world and we are their children. We are in brokenness because of their sin, our sin and the sins of other people. A person can be diluted for awhile, that their lives are pleasant, but the reality is that the whole world is in brokenness. I also believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ. God has made a way for us to return to the paradise of God. The way is the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus entered our brokenness in human flesh. He is fully God and fully man except in sin. He died on a Roman cross for our sins and he defeated death and rose from the grave. We can have forgiveness of sins and receive the Holy Spirit of God as a seal of our salvation, if we repent and believe. However, that does not mean that we will be taken out of brokenness and into the paradise of God the moment that we repent and believe. We are justified - that means we are declared righteous but we are not yet righteous. We are being sanctified - that means to be set apart, we are being made righteous. We will be glorified- that means to be made righteous. However, this will not happen until we depart from this present world. In the mean time, there is work to do and I am wondering what it is that the Lord would have me doing for the remainder of my life on the earth.

In Christ alone,
Michael Peek
The Nurse Theologian