Sunday, October 17, 2021

Dear Neighbor,

It is a cool fall morning outside and I am in my study having read the word of God. I am currently reading through Luke. My first post was on June 19, 2010; therefore, I have been writing to you for over 11 years. I have gone from writing articles to writing a daily, sometimes semi-daily letter to you. I do not personally know you or know where you are but I know that you are special because if you were created in the image of God. 

Life in this world can be harsh and lonely but I know that God loves us because the scripture says, even while we were yet sinning Christ died for us. Who would do that except someone who truly loves his people? And you are one of his if you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Today is the Lord’s day and what does that mean? God created all things in six days and he rested on the seventh day but we who believe in Jesus call the first day of the week the Lord’s day because it was on the first day of the week that God raised Jesus from the dead. He is risen and he has ascended to the righthand of the Father God, the Almighty, and he will return to judge the living and the dead. Before his death, Jesus said to the thief on the cross beside him: today you will be with me in paradise. And he promised his disciples that he was going to prepare a place for them in his Father’s house. There is a place for you in the house of God if you repent and believe in Jesus, he is the Christ, the Son of God. All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus!

Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake