Saturday, October 16, 2021

Dear Neighbor,

I am writing this letter as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am not a preacher, I am just a man who has read the Bible a lot. Sometime after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ I desired to go deeper and gain knowledge of the Christian faith. I looked at certificate programs because at the time, I had an Associate degree in nursing. I decided to obtain a bachelor’s degree in nursing so that I could attend a seminary. I decided on Midwestern Baptist theological seminary after watching a documentary about the late English Baptist pastor Charles H. Spurgeon. I started my first class in mid-march of 2016 and graduated with a masters degree in theological studies on May 3, 2019. I studied the genres in scripture and was given a hermeneutic by which to study and interpret scripture. I studied church history from the book of acts to the present age. I studied systematic theology and I studied the practical theologies of ethics, church administration, apologetics, evangelism and discipleship, and missions. 

After studying all of those things and I must tell you that I truly enjoy church history because it helps me to understand why things are like they are but I also must say that I am where I was before going to seminary; nothing has really changed. I am a registered nurse who reads the Bible and nothing more than that. It is not studying genres or hermeneutics that saves a person. It is not church history that saves a person. It is not systematic theology that saves a person. It is not the practical theologies that save a person. It is the word of God that saves. If I could encourage you to do one thing, it is to just pick up a copy of the Bible translated into a language that you can understand and just read it. When you have read through the Bible, read it again!

Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake