Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Dear Neighbor, 

During the week I have been writing about the questions and answers written by previous generations who catechized their children. To catechize means to interrogate; therefore, a catechism is an exam of a person’s knowledge; however, knowledge does not make a person a Christian but it does instruct a convert in the way that he/she should walk. 

In many Christian traditions, the children of believers are baptized, thus making them members of the church before conversion. I do not believe this to be a correct way of doing things; therefore, I am a Credobaptist, I believe that only believers should be baptized. Credo from the latin, meaning, “I believe.” 

However, I believe that Paedobaptist traditions do a better job of training their children in Christian religion than Credobaptist. I am not a fan of youth groups that have become part of CredoBaptist traditions in America. These groups are more American than they are Christian. I have written before and I write it again; I regret not catechizing my own children, I depended on the youth group to raise up my children in the faith; therefore, if you are reading this, and you have children, teach them and do not depend on the youth group to raise your children.


Michael Peek
Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake