Wednesday, April 7, 2021

April 7th in the Year of Our Lord 2021

Today I am scheduled to work in the CVICU. This job has been very very difficult lately and the patients seem to be sicker than they were in the past. People have always been sick, sickness came with the fall but it seems to be more abundant now then in times past. Perhaps it is a bad patch that we are going through at the moment. I do not always know what the Lord is doing and the reason for everything under the sun. I named this blog the Nurse Theologian because I am a Registered Nurse and I spend my time off from my job in theological studies. Theological studies include the Bible, church history, systematic theology and practical theology; I believe nursing to be a practical theology. 

My time studying is a reprieve from the bedside of the sick. This job has been so very stressful as of late, I am not sure that I can even continue in it, it is more than I am able to bear, and it is not about me but about the other; human suffering and death abound, “death spread to all men because all sinned.” (Rom 5:12) My hope is in the redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting, amen. 

It is a difficult season indeed, and there is no promise of ease in this present day, but there is the hope of resurrection from the grave, and life everlasting in the Lord Jesus Christ. In the body he defeated Satan, the world, the law, sin, and even the grave. He lived a righteous life, a life that none of us have lived, nor even can live. He died on a cross for our sins according to the Scriptures, and he was buried, and he rose again the third day. He ascended to heaven, he is seated at the righthand of the Father God the Almighty, and he will come again to judge the living and the dead. My hope is not in this world but in the Lord Jesus Christ; he is the way and the truth and the life. 

As of late, and at every turn, life on the earth has become very difficult, sin, and death abound; my hope is not in this world, but in the Lord Jesus Christ, and the life everlasting to come, in the kingdom of our God.