Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Kingdom of God Is In Your Midst

Luke 17:20-21
Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

I do not know about you but I am longing for the days of the Son of Man to come. Things on the earth are not what they ought to be, yet Jesus said that the kingdom of God is in our midst. If we look around us, we can see the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is the rule of God in the lives of his people. 

Lately, I have had trouble seeing the kingdom of God in our midst. My mind’s eye has been clouded by the trials of life. I confess that this has been a very difficult year rot with loneliness. I have felt very isolated, alone, and disconnected from the brethren. The world around me seems to be falling apart. I have had a difficult time seeing the rule of God in this world. Yet, I must trust the word of Jesus, that the kingdom of God is in our midst. 

There are people seeking to observe all that Jesus commanded right now. Yesterday, I received a letter from a Cuban brother about the ministry that is going on in his land. He is not seeking the praise of men, nor is he even seeking the praise of the Lord but sees himself as an unworthy servant doing only that which he ought to have done. This letter is a very encouraging word indeed. He was not writing to encourage me. In fact, the letter was not written to me. The letter was written to another man who shared the letter with me. However, the ministry that is going on there and the teaching of the brethren from the word of God is encouraging. It is the kingdom of God in our midst. Let us rejoice, for the kingdom of God is in our midst!