Monday, December 28, 2020

He Came to Seek and Save

“For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” (Luke 19:10)

The enemy of mankind is sin and God is not to blame. “Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.” (James 1:13-15)

Jesus was sent by God to be our Savior and Lord. Mankind was lost to sin but Jesus took our death and rose again. Therefore, he is worthy of all our honor, glory and praise. This world is such a difficult place. Lately, I long for the days of the Son of Man to come. I long for the rule of the Lord in the hearts and minds of men. 

As I write this, I confess that my heart is broken and my mind is at a loss because of certain persons and events that are occurring in my life. I have failed in many aspects of this life but I am trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ to save me from sin and death. I will preserve to the end because my hope is in the Lord. He is a lasting hope that will not falter. He defeated sin and death in the body. He has ascended to the highest place of honor, the righthand of God. Before his sacrificial death, he promised: "I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." (John 14:3) I am trusting in this promise of Jesus, to return and receive us to himself, that where he is, there we will be also.