Friday, June 10, 2016

Pinnacle Mountain State Park



My last blog-post was on May 23rd. In that blog a stated that it would be my last post to A Slave of Jesus Christ, but I have since changed my mind or it has been changed. Myself, my wife Darlene, and my daughter Bethany all took a trip to Little Rock, Arkansas, to witness or cousin Emily Ready join in a covenant marriage with James Youngblood. It was a wonderful wedding ceremony and we give thanks to God for his blessing of marriage.

Marriage is a picture of Christ and the church something that the world does not understand. The wife is to be subject to her husband as the church is subject to Christ, and husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church; Christ gave His life for the church. (cf. Ephesians 5:22-33) The minister that oversaw the ceremony was Tim Caldwell of Fellowship Bible Church in Little Rock, Arkansas. During the ceremony he read 1 Corinthinas 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
 He followed up by saying that love is three things:
  1. Demonstrative
  2. Communicative
  3. Committal
While in Little Rock I read Isaiah 53 Explained by Mitch Glaser. In chapter 5 of his book Dr. Glaser explained the meaning of Servant of the Lord from Isaiah 52:13, at that moment I realized that I am a slave of Jesus Christ, therefore I must continue to write this blog. I had planned on starting a new blog called The Nurse Theologian which combined my profession of nursing, and my study of theology. I will not be doing that, I will be writing whatever the Lord gives me to write as I follow Him in faith.

While in Little Rock, Arkansas, we were blessed to spend time with many aunts, uncles, and cousins. We also received a blessing with our niece Brianne Weeks and Cousin Angie Okonski. We climbed Pinnacle Mountain which is near the Arkansas river just west of Little Rock. I believe that one of the reasons that people do not know their Creator God is that they never get outside and see what He has created.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." (Romans 1:20)