Monday, May 23, 2016

THE END


This is my 329th and final post to "A Slave of Jesus Christ". I have been writing this blog for six years now. Few if anyone reads what I write; this blog has never been popular among men nor did I expect it to be so, but I wrote it anyway. I wrote it, because I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. I wrote it, because Jesus promised eternal life to everyone who believes in Him. I wrote it, because I believe that “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” I wrote it, because in order for someone to call on Him they must first believe in Him. I wrote it, because in order for someone to believe in Him they must first hear about Him. I wrote it, because in order for someone to hear about Him someone else must first tell them about Him. With that being said, I have a book that I would like to recommend on my departure. Of all the books written among men "The Gospel According to John" is my favorite and I encourage everyone to read it often.

Here are five reasons why I love this book:
  1. It’s an eye witness testimony.
  2. Its topic is the deity of Jesus Christ-He is the Son of God.
  3. It’s content centers around seven miraculous signs and seven I Am statements that can only be attributed to deity.
  4. It’s content chronologically leads up to His resurrection; the final climatic proof that He is who He claims to be-the Son of God.
  5. Its purpose is so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

The Seven Signs:
  1. Did you know that Jesus turned water into wine? (Jn 2:1-11)
  2. Did you know that Jesus healed a Nobleman's son from dying over a great distance? (Jn 4:46-54)
  3. Did you know that Jesus healed a man who had an infirmity 38 years that had made him lame, when Jesus had healed him the man took up his bed and walked? (Jn 5:2-9)
  4. Did you know that Jesus feed five thousand men with five barley loaves and two fish? (Jn 6:1-14)
  5. Did you know that Jesus walked on water across the Sea of Galilee? (Jn 6:16-21)
  6. Did you know that Jesus gave sight to a man who had been born blind? (Jn 9:1-12)
  7. Did you know that Jesus called a man who had been dead for four days out of the grave alive? (Jn 11:30-44)

The Seven I AM Statements:
  1. Did you know that Jesus said, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst."? (Jn 6:35)
  2. Did you know that Jesus said, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."? (Jn 8:12)
  3. Did you know that Jesus said, "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."? (Jn 10:9)
  4. Did you know that Jesus said, I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."? (Jn 10:11)
  5. Did you know that Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"? (Jn 11:25-26)
  6. Did you know that Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."? (Jn 14:6-7)
  7. Did you know that Jesus said, "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing."? (Jn 15:5)
Did you know that Jesus suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; then on the third day He rose from the dead, presenting Himself alive after His suffering to His disciples by many convincing proofs? “Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.” (Jn 20:30-31)