Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Lord's Ministry

            The Lord is Sovereign over all things.  The Lord has given me a ministry that is so incredibly simplistic.  We men try to make everything complicated.  I continually complicate what the Lord has given me to do, but when I capitulate, and do what He has given me to do I get to see the working of His hand.  The ministry that the Lord has given me is evangelism through preaching the Gospel According to John in open-air, passing out Gospels of John, and availing myself to talk with people about Jesus Christ our Lord.
            When I do this I see scripture unfold before my eyes.  I see a division between the sheep and the goats.  I will see those who curse the Lord and myself and I will see those who praise the Lord and give me kind words of encouragement.  When I speak, I am neither speaking for or against anyone, but simply giving the eye witness testimony of the apostle John.  Some will stop and listen, take a gospel of John, and rejoice.  Others will gnash their teeth and say horrible things.  Both reactions come from the same message, the Gospel According to John which is an eye witness testimony about Jesus.
            "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.  All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.” (Mt 25:31-33)
            Most times this happens on a college campus, because I go to the local junior college, Tyler Junior College, one day each week.  I am always surprised when young people speak so abruptly to an older man, but then I remember what Jesus said, “Remember the word that I said to you, ' A slave is not greater than his master.  'If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.” (Jn 15:20)  Prior semesters I have had others with me, but this semester I have had much difficulty in getting other brethren to come along.  Nevertheless, I will continue to go, because it is what the Lord has given me to do.

In Christ alone,
Mike Peek