Thursday, October 22, 2015

Twilight

I took this picture a few days ago when leaving work.  I just love the evening at twilight; you know, that moment when the sun sets and day turns into night.  The sky is still blue and filled with light, but things on the ground become dusky and obscured.  This always causes me to look up, because that's where the light is.  This time period in the cycle of a day is brief.  The light soon departs and the world is consumed by darkness.

Our Lord and Savior Jesus said, "For a little while longer the Light is among you. Walk while you have the Light, so that darkness will not overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes.  While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light." (Jn 12:35-36).

This past week while ministering at Tyler Junior College I did so with a broken heart.  I have a special intimacy with the Lord as He is portrayed in John's Gospel.  This week on campus, I recited the first three chapters of the Gospel According to John in open-air.  It appeared while doing so, that no one cared.  I am use to this behavior in open-air preaching, but for some reason on this occasion my heart was broken over it.  Perhaps it is the intimacy that I have with the Lord in these passages.

Here is the deal; I love the Lord Jesus Christ and all I want is for you to know Him like I do.  That is the reason that I am proclaiming Him.  If you know Jesus, you will know God, because Jesus and the Father are One. 

This amazing God who gave us all life is both love and truth.  We have all sinned and fallen short of His glory, but because He is love He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (Jn 3:16).



In Christ alone,
Mike Peek


Salvation from the wrath of God that we all deserve for our sin is a gift, by His grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone.