Sunday, September 6, 2015

What do I believe?

I believe that the Lord our God is one Lord; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Mk 12:29, Mt 28:18-20).

I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Mt 16:16, Jn 20:30-31).

I believe that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23).

I believe that the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Rom 6:23).

I believe that Jesus never sinned, but He died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the scriptures (2 Cor 5:21, 1 Cor 15:3,4).

I believe that all must repent and believe in the gospel (Mk 1:15, Acts 2:38).

I believe that there will be a resurrection of the dead and all will come before the judgment seat of Christ.  He who received Jesus has eternal life, but he who rejected Jesus will go away into eternal punishment (Mt 25:31-46, Jn 1:10-13).