Tuesday, September 1, 2015

True Evangelism

This past Wednesday, August 26, 2015 myself and two other brothers in Christ (Mike Anderson & Jason McMurray) went to Tyler Junior College to talk with the students about Jesus.  We enjoyed a great time of fellowship and outreach.  I preached about Jesus twice and Mike Anderson did as well.  We passed out a great quantity of Gospels of John and tracts.  After spending about 2 hours on campus we had lunch together and fellowship at Whataburger.

The Lord has caused me to focus a great deal on the Gospel of John in evangelism. 
Jesus said, "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,  and you will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning." (John 15:26-27 [NASB])
I have learned about Jesus by reading the Gospel of John and I became convinced that these things are true by the Spirit of truth.  I cannot convince anyone of anything, it is the Holy Spirit that does the convincing.  Jesus performed many signs in the presence of His disciples, but I was not one of those disciples.  John heard Jesus, saw Him with his eyes and looked at Him, touched Him with His hands, watched as He was crucified dead and buried, and he was there when Jesus presented Himself alive after His suffering.  Therefore, true evangelism either tells people what the apostles have seen and heard concerning the Word of Life or gets them to read it.