Monday, March 31, 2014

What Must I Do To Be Saved


What must I do to be saved?

Stop sinning? Moralism: Not the gospel
Works of the flesh to remove my sin? Baptism: Not the gospel
Looking to future events? Eschatology: Not the gospel
Works of the flesh to prove myself? Penance: Not the gospel

Gospel, a middle English word derived from the old English godspell; which means good news, translated from Greek euangelion: The gospel is good news concerning an event that has already occurred; it is historical. Jesus, the Christ, the Son of the living God has risen from the dead!

Why is this good news for us?

Jesus, while He walked amongst us promised to lay His life down for His sheep, and give eternal life to them. His resurrection from the dead is the explanation point on His promise; it demonstrates that He has the power, and the authority to do what He promised.

So then, who are His sheep?

Jesus said: "I am the good Shepard, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.....My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:14,15, 27,28 NASB)




A slave of Jesus Christ