Wednesday, March 12, 2014

According to the Flesh


Even as a believer, knowing the grace of God I tend to look at men and in my own mind declare some to be righteous and others unrighteous based on what we see. I like what Paul said in 2.Cor.5.16-17.NASB "Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." In other words; the way we are to judge someone has changed. The truth is before a righteous and holy God there is none good not even one. If salvation even in small part were of some righteous merit of our own none of us would have any hope. Whatever the requirement maybe we would mess it up, and not only would, but have done so already. Salvation is by the grace of God alone, for reasons only known to God He forgave certain wicked and sinful men. If you are saved, it is because God did something that you don’t deserve, He forgave you of your sin. How can a righteous God do that and remain a holy and Just God? The cross of Jesus Christ! “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” ~2Cor.5.21.NASB. Who did Jesus lay His life down for? Jesus said; “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep” ~Jn.10.11.NASB……”My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.”~Jn.10.27-28.NASB.




A slave of Jesus Christ