Saturday, March 31, 2012

Why I Evangelize

Last week I mentioned briefly why I go out and evangelize the gospel of Jesus Christ and I would like to talk more in depth about that today. In Luke Chapter 7 Jesus was in the home of a Pharisee having a meal when in walks a women of the city who came to the feet of Jesus weeping, and proceeds to clean the feet of Jesus with her tears and wiped them with her own hair, kissing His feet and anointing them with fragrant oil. The Pharisee couldn’t believe that He would allow this woman to touch Him, and begins to show the Pharisee how she had treated Him with much love, while the Pharisee had not. He then proceeds to say these words; “Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little” (Luke 7:47). You see a couple of years ago God made me aware of my sin and showed me His Son who had paid the price for my sin; I repented and put my faith in Jesus Christ, I was born again, my sin was carried into death with Christ and He defeated death and arose from the grave. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, He is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Cor. 5:17). The answer to why I go out and evangelize spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ is love; I have been forgiven much, and when I say much, I mean much, so therefore I love much and that love comes from the Spirit of God who resides within me.

God has given me a love for Him that goes beyond anything that I am able to contain, and a love for other people that goes beyond myself. So it is the love of God and the love of people that causes me to evangelize the gospel of Jesus Christ. As I stated last week this is demonstrated in two verses in Mark chapter 16.

Mark 16:15 – “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” It seems that people think that it is some sort of option, this is no option it is a command and it is a command from the Lord. I call this blog (A slave of Jesus Christ) and that is because that is what I am. He bought me off the slave block of sin; He purchased me with His own blood. “For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s” (1 Cor. 6:20). Jesus is no cruel owner He intends good things for me, life; I will tell you who the cruel owner is, sin is the cruel owner, if you are owned by sin he intends death for you. I love my Lord beyond words that I can even impart to you, so as I go out and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ through one on one witnessing, gospel tracts, preaching, or standing on the corner with a cross, or whatever else the Lord causes me to do, I do it all for the glory of God, so that He is glorified before men.

Mark 16:16 – “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.” One thing I cannot do is argue anyone into the kingdom of God. God has chosen to save men through men preaching His gospel. God has given me a love for people that goes beyond myself, I do not care if I seem foolish to some if it will bring some to the cross of Jesus Christ. The one who mocks, curses, and laughs wether they know it are not I am out there because I love them and have knowledge of something greater than myself or them. Jesus said it in John 3:17-18, “For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” I do not go out to evangelize the gospel of Jesus Christ to condemn men as some accuse us of doing; I go out to evangelize the gospel of Jesus Christ because I know that they are already condemned and I love them and do not want to see them perish. There is only one Way sins are paid for, there is only one Way to the father and that is through the God Man Jesus Christ. Jesus Said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6). No one, there are no exceptions, the only way to the Father is through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ alone, without him they will spend all of eternity in hell.


Repent and put your faith in Jesus Christ alone and you will be saved,
Mike Peek a slave of Jesus Christ