Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Resounding Yes

I have been in a trial this past week and through this trial I have relied on my God, Jesus Christ; He has lead me to Psalm 17 which I have held onto all week and specifically verse 15. I have heard a lot of brothers and sisters in Christ over the years talk about their life verse, I however did not have one. Throughout the word of God there are a multitude of scriptures that I hold dear to my heart and many which stand high above others. Earlier this week one of my brothers in Christ who knew I was going through a trial sent me an email message by Max Lucado called “Contentment”. In this message Max Lucado asks the question: What if God’s only gift to you were His grace to save you? Would you be content? I pray to my Lord daily, I lift up to Him all the concerns of my life continually and I believe with faith that He hears all of my prayers and will answer them. As I told you earlier I have been undergoing a trial this week that has particularly hit me hard. Just like many of you who share this life as a human being, there are several things going on in my life that are trials and difficulties, I lift those up daily, I pray for the concerns of all of those around me, and God who is faithful has answered many of my prayers in a real and profound way, interceding in areas that you know without God the outcome would have been impossible. On the trial I have been through this past week I have prayed about many times. Not only praying about the outcome, but also praying to God to reveal my heart in this situation, and every step I take to be the right one, the step He is willing for me to take. Now in this particular situation I believe that my prayers will be answered, that I will be vindicated, because it is the right and just thing. Psalm 17:2 says “Let my vindication come from Your presence; Let Your eyes look on the things that are upright.”

So I asked myself this past week in prayer to God and in reading Psalm 17; am I truly content with His grace? Is the grace of God enough for me? I am thankful for everything that God has given me in this life; He has truly blessed me and given to me abundantly. Now in pondering these questions, is His grace enough? Would I be content? In thinking about these questions, the trial I’m going through and meditating on Psalm 17, God has given me my life verse, and yes, His grace is enough. The greatest desire of my heart is to gaze upon my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and that is what He has truly given me, He has given me Himself. Jesus is the prize, Jesus is the pearl of great value, and Jesus is the treasure head in the field. Psalm 17 was a prayer by David, and the desires of his heart in Psalm 17:15 are the desires of my heart. “As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness” (Psalm 17:15). God is so Holy and Righteous that a man cannot look upon His face and live. To look at the face of God you must be righteous and by the grace of God I have been cleansed of all my sins by the blood of Jesus Christ through faith in Him. Can you imagine what that will be like; to gaze upon the face of God, to see Jesus in His glorified state and just look upon Him? I imagine since I will have all of eternity that I may just get stuck right there for the first 1000 years gazing upon the face of God, and then realize that I am just like Him; righteous, clean, good, holy. My sinful nature completely cut off, never to sin again. Oh how I look forward to that day, to the day that I will see the face of Jesus in righteousness and awake in His likeness. Is His grace enough? My answer, His grace is everything!
God bless,
Mike Peek