Saturday, March 12, 2011

Go Home To Your Friends

“Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you” (Mark 5:19). For this purpose I right this blog!

In the Gospel of Mark there is an account of Jesus and His apostles crossing the sea to the country of the Gadarenes which is the opposite side of the sea from Galilee. There was a man there that had an unclean spirit that caused him to do all kinds of evil; Jesus cleansed him of that evil spirit saving the man. This man was so grateful and so in love with his Lord (Jesus) that he wanted to go with Him and be with Him but the Lord told him no; “go home and tell people what I did for you”. “However, Jesus did not permit him, ‘Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you” (Mark 5:19). Then the man went throughout that region (Decapolis modern day Jordan) telling everyone what Jesus had done for him, how he had compassion on him, how he had removed the evil spirits that where controlling him, how he was freed from slavery to sin and satin. “And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him; and all marveled” (Mark 5:20).

I to was freed from the evil spirits of this world that controlled me, I to was in bondage held as a slave to sin and satin, led by my sinful nature unable to break the bondage of slavery to sin. The Lord came to me on May 4th 2003 and purchased me off the slavery block if sin and freed me from the bondage of slavery to sin. I too just like this man desired to go immediately to be with my Lord but He said “not yet, I will return for you, go home and tell everyone what I have done for you”. He said, “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). Gospel means good news and the good news is this: Jesus Christ being the only begotten son of God came into this world and lived a sinless, perfect life. He was crucified (killed on a cross) died in our place receiving the punishment that you and I deserve for our sins (breaking God’s laws). And God by His grace offers forgiveness of sins for all who believe, all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. I am saved by the Grace of God alone, through Faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone! God has saved me by His Grace in having compassion on me; He is the one who gave me the Faith in Jesus Christ that saved me. I am His purchased possession; I am now a slave to righteousness, a slave of Jesus Christ and have received His seal, His seal of ownership His Holy Spirit. “In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed , you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory” (Ephesians 1: 13:14). Jesus has had compassion on me, He has saved me, and He will save you too! Call out to Him and put your faith in Jesus Christ and He will save you and cleanse you of all evil. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:18).


Mike Peek a slave of Jesus Christ