Sunday, November 20, 2022

Delight In The Word


It has been a difficult few years. I have struggled a great deal in heart and mind. Everyday I get older and cannot go back to the days of my youth. Why do things happen or not happen for that matter? Why is the world such that it is? Trouble and anguish have overtaken me and there is nothing that I can do about it. 

Should I worry all the day long? I have worried but worry has not changed anything. Should I desire? I have desired but desire has not changed anything. 

When I say to others that I am defeated, they do not understand, and tell me that I am not defeated, when I know that I am. To whom or were do I turn? I turn to the Word of the Lord. The Word of the Lord promises good for those who trust in his Word and defeat of the enemy. The enemy is as strong as a hurricane but the Lord is my shelter. He has promised good to those who trust in him. The good that he promises is not in this world but the world that is to come. I believe, may he help my unbelief. May he transform my heart and mind to make me into his image.

There is so much that I have desired in this life but have not received. I realize that none of these were promised me but the Word of the Lord promises eternal life in the new heaven and earth that is to come, for all who delight in the Word of the Lord. The Word of the Lord is my delight.