Saturday, November 13, 2021

Why do I write this blog?

Why do I write this blog? I do not believe that writing this blog serves any purpose other than to fulfill my desire to express what has been laid upon my heart. My work involves asking and doing but there is not much opportunity for sharing. I write this blog in order to fulfill my desire to share the gospel. The word gospel simply means good news and there is no news greater than the gospel. 

The apostle Paul wrote: 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him.
Is there any better news than to know that God has not destined us to wrath, but to obtain salvation from the wrath that we deserve through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him?

It is the desire of my heart that everyone should read the Bible, for through reading the Bible I came to know God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a member of and regularly attend a local church, but it was not through the church that I came to know God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. I am a member of and regularly attend a local church because believers fellowship together and share life together as a family. This is the reason that we refer to one another as brothers and sisters in Christ.

There is nothing about me to follow or immolate. Much of my life has been a real struggle, especially this past year. I have even begun to question my vocation. Should I even continue in nursing or change vocations? Is my unsettledness about nursing related to the difficulties that I am having outside of my work? Why do I feel so unsettled and have periods of anxiety when I believe in the gospel? I have heard it preached, that a Christian should always have joy, but if truth be told, I am not always joyful. Truly, I am often very despondent. Does this make me a bad Christian that I often have despondency? 

I do know and believe that I am loved by God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who died for my sins and rose again. I trust in his promise of eternal life in the new heaven and new earth which is yet to come. While the world and those who are of the world do not mean for my good, I know that God means all things for our good, to those who love him, to those who are the called according to his purpose.