Sunday, March 17, 2019

I am a Nurse and I am a Missionary


Life on Mission: I am a Missionary from North American Mission Board on Vimeo.

Do you believe that whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved? Paul used those words in Romans 10:13 and Peter used them during his sermon on the day of Pentecost, (Acts 2:21) both apostles got this word from the prophet Joel in a prophecy about “The Day of the Lord.”
“I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth,
Blood, fire and columns of smoke.
“The sun will be turned into darkness
And the moon into blood
Before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.
“And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Will be delivered;
For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
There will be those who escape,
As the Lord has said,
Even among the survivors whom the Lord calls. (Joel 2:30-32)
After quoting Joel 2:32 “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved,” the apostle Paul poses a serious of questions which I also pose to you today. “How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?” (Rom.10:14) If you’ve read the book of Romans, you would know that Paul is preaching justification by faith.

My favorite book outside of the Bible is All of Grace by C. H. Spurgeon. In his chapter on faith C. H. Spurgeon says, “Faith is made up of three things: knowledge, belief, and trust. Knowledge comes first.” You and I cannot cause someone to call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to save him or her. Nor can we even make someone believe in him. We can, however give them knowledge. We can tell someone the gospel.

I would like to share with you I simple way for all Christians, in all walks of life to share the gospel with the people around them. This method is promoted by the North American Mission Board (NAMB). At first, I was resistant to the method until I really understood it. Watch the following short video clip to learn how to share the gospel every day.

3-Circles Life Conversation Guide Demonstration from North American Mission Board on Vimeo.