Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Believe in the Light



Mike Peek, a disciple of Jesus Christ and servant of God called according to His purpose: Grace to you and peace in the name of God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.

I took this photograph on the evening of May 20, 2018, from a friend's boat dock. I like the pick because it reminds me of the words of Christ, While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light.

Three days a week I work 12 1/2 hour shifts in an intensive care unit but I have four days a week free from those duties. On my days off it is my routine to run a 10k early in the morning. This picture is of the evening, but it reminds me of those early morning runs because the scene and lighting are similar. I run an out and back course from my home. The turn around point is at the end of the levy-dam on Lake Tyler. As I run along the levy-dam I am headed east just as the sun begins to rise above the tree tops.

My thoughts are often reflecting on the word of God having spent time in the scriptures just before departing which is also part of my daily routine. How can one be a disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ and serve God except by reading the scriptures and observing all that Christ commanded?
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
The light in context of this first day is not the sun or stars because these bodies of light were not created until the fourth day. But the light on the first day is the very Word of God. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.3  It is this Light who is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.4

_______________________________________________
1 John 12:36, NASB95.
2. Genesis 1:1, NASB95.
3 John, 1:9, NKJV.
3 John 1:14.