Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The God I Worship 


The God I worship is gracious to whom He will be gracious, yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished. At one point in my life I had no problem believing that God is love; I grew up seeing God as a benevolent benefactor and fell into sin. Later, as a young man in my 20’s and early 30’s I came to see God as a righteous judge who must punish all sin; therefore, I wanted to be good but could not and became very frustrated, even angry. Eventually I repented, I gave up trying and believed that God justifies the one who puts their faith in Jesus. Still, I did not understand how He could justify me and be just, nonetheless I trusted in the promise of Jesus Christ. Then one day God showed me His glory; propitiation, I understood how God could be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. This is the God I worship!