Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Endings

The Lord just before He gave up His Spirit on the cross said, "Tetelestai" which means "It Is Finished".  There are many things that come to an end.  We are now in the last month of the year.  Today Jason McMurray and I spent our last day of the Fall Semester on the campus of Tyler Junior College.  I am in the last chapter of my quest to memorize the Gospel of John.  In a week Lord willing I am done with college and then a week after that I should graduate.

Many things do come to an end.  Some endings are sad and some are happy.  Some endings are seemingly sad as was the case with the Lord's death on the cross, but on the third day when He rose from the dead it turned out to actually be a glorious new beginning.  Jason McMurray and I have already made plans for telling others about Jesus during the spring semester on the campus of Tyler Junior College through the public proclamation of the Word and by striking up conversations about Him with others.

I ask you three questions not to hurt you or belittle you, but because I love you.  Are you a disciple of the Lord Jesus?  If so, are you telling others about Him?  If not then why?  The apostle Paul said,
"Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?" (2 Cor 13:5)



In Christ alone,
Mike Peek
A Slave of Jesus Christ