Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Good Day

Today has been a truly good day to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, but isn’t everyday like that?  How do I gage a day?  Is a day good because I feel good or am happy?  Or is a day good because God made it and everything He does is good?  I have not always thought that way and I am still guilty of often looking at myself; how I am feeling or my personal situation in declaring the day good.  I may not be happy and I may even be sad, but that does not make the day bad.  “Then God said, “Let there be light; and there was light.  God saw the light was good; and God separated the light from darkness.  God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.” (Gen 1:2-5).  Yes the day is good because God made it!