Saturday, January 4, 2014

What Is a Christian?

A Christian is a person who puts their faith in Christ Jesus alone for the forgiveness of their sins.

“So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.” (John 10:7-11)
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.” (John 10:27-28)
“Jesus said to her, " I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25-26)
“Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” (John 14:6)

A Christian does not boast in himself (his works); he boast in Christ alone.

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
“Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.” (Romans 3:27-28)
“For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.” (Romans 10:4)

A Christian preaches Christ Jesus and Him crucified alone for the forgiveness of sins.

“For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.” (1 Corinthians 2:2)
“But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.” (Galatians 6:14)

For this reason if anyone adds works too or takes away from the cross of Christ Jesus let them be accursed; do not listen to them or even invite them into your home.

“But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!” (Galatians 1:8-9)


Mike Peek a slave of Jesus Christ