Friday, September 13, 2013

Witness

I came to the realization of something today as I was meditating on Acts 1:8.

"but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”

I am not a witness for Jesus, you are not a witness for Jesus; neither our words nor our actions are a witness for Jesus. He chose His witnesses Himself, and it was not us.  His witnesses are His chosen apostles, then and now.  When He said to them, you shall be My witnesses even to the remotest part of the earth, He meant His chosen apostles, not us.  How can that be, His apostles are no longer with us? Oh but they are!  They left us a New Testament, and that New Testament alone is their witness of Jesus the Christ, the Son of God into all the world.  You and I my friend, are simply vessels to carry their witness into the remotest parts of the earth.  Think about that brethren next time you go out and proclaim the word of God, and Gospel of Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God.  You and I are not the witness of Christ, His chosen apostles are through the words of the New Testament alone. 


Mike Peek a slave of Jesus Christ