Friday, August 23, 2013

Why I Reject Synergism


I am not saved because I loved God and choose Him, the truth is I hated God, I hated truth and loved sin. You might say that is a horrible thing to say, and I agree. That we should hate our creator and love sin is a horrible thing, but it is true nonetheless, and I now by the grace of God love truth and hate my sin. Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin." (John 8:34 NASB). And in Luke 16:13 when talking about serving God and Mammon, He makes the point , you cannot be slave to two masters, you will hate the one and love the other. I love God not because I choose Him. I love God because He loved me first. I am saved because it was His sovereign will to love me and draw me to His Son and it was not my own free will in anyway. How can one opine that faith is a decision, that a man makes in and of himself when the requirements for saving faith are a regenerated heart and mind; being born again, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God, being baptized by the Holy Spirit of God?

Something I have been considering lately in watching, listening to, and talking to people. Ephesians 2:8, 9 says; "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." If you have trusted in Jesus alone and His gospel you are saved, that is a promise from the Sovereign God. We often talk about carnal Christians, those who profess the name of Christ but live a life not keeping with repentance. May I suggest that they have actually believed a different gospel. A gospel not proclaimed by scripture alone but a gospel proposed by modern American churchianity. Their lifestyles would suggest that they believe that Jesus died for them to sin. In other words, He died so that you can sin and get away with it, besides, Jesus said, "do not judge". 

Think about this for a moment, logically. The Son of God left heaven were He had dwelt with the Father in eternity past, humbled Himself, walked amongst wicked and sinful men who hated Him, He then aloud these same men He created to beat Him, and hang Him on a cross for all to see, and while on that cross was forsaken of by the Father He had dwelt with in eternity past, because He became sin on our behalf; and He did all this so that you can go on sinning that grace may abound? As the apostle Paul said, "May it never be".

Christ did not die for you to sin and get away with it, Christ died to save you from the wrath of God for your sin so that you might become the righteousness of God in Him. If this is you, repent and put your faith in Jesus alone, the Christ the Son of the Living God. "So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “ If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” (John 8:31-32)


Mike Peek a slave of Jesus Christ