Thursday, November 15, 2012

Why is it that you were looking for Me?


I went out with my cross today. I see people that rejoice in seeing the cross, and some scorn, but most ignore. There are many brave Christians that go to killing places to plead for the lives of babies as they are being slaughtered in the womb. In my community to the glory of God that is not happening yet, and it will be my prayer that it never does, abortions that is. I took my cross, a 4ft’x2.5’ stained wood cross with 3” letters on the cross beam that say, “ARE YOU READY”. I got this idea from an evangelist in California named Tony Miano, many others have taken up this idea across the country and made their own crosses and go out with them in their communities. “ARE YOU READY” it’s a good conversation starter because people will ask; ready for what?

I took my cross today to the location of Planned Parenthood in Tyler, TX. Why? Because first of all it is on Broadway Ave, one of the busiest roads in Tyler; and secondly, were do most of the women come from who are scheduled to have their babies aborted at the Planned Parenthood abortuary in Dallas? Outlying clinics like this one in Tyler, TX. So my thought and prayer was if I go to this location there just might be a woman who decides not to schedule an abortion after seeing the cross with its message, or cause a man to take responsibility for his child. The cross is a symbol, nothing more. You cannot reach God praying to the cross as some try to do. It is a symbol, a symbol of God’s word. The message of the cross is that we have all sinned against a Holy and just God, that every sin without exception must be punished, that God is love so He made a way for man to be right with Him, and that way is His Son, Christ Jesus, whom God displayed publically as a propitiation in His blood through faith.

So I stood there with my cross. There was not much foot traffic today, the usual case in Tyler, it seems that no one likes to walk. Car after car drove by, some smiled and waved, some looked with scorn, and most ignored. As the afternoon sun light dimmed into evening light, I saw a woman in scrub attire leaving Planned Parenthood for the end of the day. I watched her talk on her cell phone as she waited to pull into traffic, to busy with the trappings of this world to notice the cross and off she drove as so many do.

As the lights dimmed I prayed for all of those who drove by today that in seeing the cross that God would do a work in their heart that they just might ask the question. Am I ready to face God in judgment? And then seek Jesus.

I was reading in (The Gospel According to Luke) how young Jesus was missing from the caravan returning from Jerusalem, His parents went back to look for Him and found Him in the Temple and He said to them, “Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father’s house?” ~Luke 2:49. Where is He today? He is right where He said He would be, in His Father’s house. “’In my Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.’ Thomas said to Him, ‘Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.’” ~John 14:2-6


Mike Peek a slave of Jesus Christ