Saturday, July 17, 2010

GOD LOVES YOU

Jesus said: “the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.” (Luke 12:7) Earlier this week on Thursday we had finished up work with an hour to spare. It was payday and every payday I splurge in treating myself to a Starbucks coffee. But since we were done early I thought I would instead walk over to the coffee shop that is in a separate building attached to the hospital I work in. When I left my department in the hallway there was a nurse and a man conversing I heard it mentioned that he was looking for the GI lab. I told him “I will take you over there I’m headed that direction.” As we walked he began rambling on and on I could tell that he was upset. He was crippled, in his left hand he gripped tightly a drink with his index finger and thumb all the other fingers where missing, in his right hand he gripped a mangled hamburger with pieces dropping out of it, he walked as though his legs where crippled. This man had evidently at sometime in the past been in a terrible accident. As we walked through the tunnel that connected the main hospital and the North Park building he continued to ramble without even a pause in his speech. At one point he said: “We got here at 7:00am and now it’s 3:00pm I missed breakfast I missed lunch we were just waiting and waiting so I left to find some food and they called and said my wife is done now I don’t know where it is I’m lost people keep telling me where to go and I get more lost.” We entered the building and I saw the directory telling me where the GI lab was, we got on the elevator I pushed the button for the 4th floor and he was still rambling on and on without even a pause I wanted to talk with him and encourage him but there wasn’t even a pause to allow me to do so. The elevator door opened and he said: “this is it I can’t believe it this is it.” I began to talk through his rambling and I looked at him and said: “I know that you’re going through a lot, God knows your name He knows everything about you and He loves you.” He looked at me and big tears began swelling up in his eyes and he said: “God does love me doesn’t He?” I shook my head and said: “yes He does!” He put his hand to his chest and said: “He knows every hair on my head and knows all of my thoughts doesn’t He?” I said: “Yes He does, God loves you!”

He ministered to me or more that day than I ministered to him. God truly does love each and every one of us with more love than you can imagine. (John 3:16) says: “For God loved the world so much that he gave His one and only son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” God loves us so much that He sacrificed His son in our place. (2 Peter 3:10) says: “He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.” God loves you, that is the reason for the cross. The cross is the greatest expression of love the world has ever known or ever will. Some see the cross as there enemy, the cross isn’t your enemy the cross is your friend the cross is where God said to all the people of the world I love you, I lay down my life for you. Jesus said in (John 15:13) “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” Jesus wants to be your friend He loves you. He said in (Revelation 3:20) “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” Jesus loves you and he stands at the door of your heart and knocks all you have to do is let Him in. He has paid the price for all of your sins because He loves you.